Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Women Are Rock Stars!

Last night we had our Relief Society Birthday celebration for the sisters. We put so much effort and hard work into the evening and it was fabulous! I think we all really enjoyed ourselves and that was the whole purpose, to have a fun evening and celebrate women of all ages!

Its hard to see but we wrapped the whole gym in purple vinyl table cloths
Decorations for the tables
It was a Rock-n-Roll theme. "Solid as A Rock.....Women are Rock Stars!" So we decorated the whole gym in purple and hung stars from the ceiling. We were also suppose to dress in our favorite rockin roll attire. So even though dressing up is not my cup of tea, I kinda felt obligated because I was in charge of the meeting. So I dressed up like I did back in Jr. High. WOW! What a blast from the past. I had Julia take a picture of me so I could show all of you. No laughing, ok you can laugh but just not around me! Anyway, I was one of the few that did dress up but everybody loved the outfit....so that made me feel a little better!

Rockin the side pony tail and big bangs....ugh
We had a little dinner and dessert and then we were entertained by some of the priesthood in our ward. The YM presidency lip synced a song, Layne and his cousins sang an Elvis song, the Johnson family all played and sang, and even the Bishopric sang live and did an awesome job and the sisters loved it. I kinda volunteered Layne for the position but I knew he could do it and he would enjoy it. He always does such a great job and I really appreciate him sharing his talents with the sisters!

"Won't You Wear My Ring Around Your Neck"
All in all it was a great evening and it was the best RS birthday celebration I have ever been to and that's why I wanted to share it with all of you. After the entertainment we had a lady in our RS presidency give a little message as why women are rock stars. Here is what she presented to us as it related to women not just parents:
So very, very true especially in the stage of life I am in right now!

No comments: