Friday, June 25, 2010

The Zoo

While we had a nice break in the weather a few weeks back we took a trip to the Hogle Zoo. The kids loved it and it was a great day. My camera wasn't charged up so I was limited on the pictures I took but we got there early enough so the animals were still up and eating. We got to see lots of monkeys, giraffes, birds, a rhino, a few tigers, and a new gorilla. That was the coolest thing I saw....he was brand new to the zoo and was up walking around looking around at all of us onlookers. I think Julia enjoyed the monkey's a little to much because she was making monkey noises constantly. We got to see the new baby elephant and its mama...so cute. Julia sat on the BIG elephant and was covering her ears because it was playing music and then would squirt water out the trunk.


I think the BEST thing we did all day was ride the new carousel. All the kids took a relaxing ride on a zoo animal. Julia loved it and would wave each time she saw me!






No comments: