Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Update

Well I'm 19.5 weeks along with baby brother and feeling pretty good. Over the weekend, while up in Preston I got the 24 hour flu so that was no fun!! But besides that I have been dealing with headaches so I'm taking medication for those when they put me out of commission and besides the headaches I'm doing pretty good. I try to stay hydrated and out of the sun....it sucks the life out of me! I'm grateful for our very cool basement apartment we live in. I hope I can last 2 more months until fall gets here!

I had an extensive ultrasound on Monday to make sure the baby is growing properly (they want you to have one of these types of ultrasounds if you are 35 or older). They measured everything from his head to arm and leg bones. All the organs look good as well....(big sigh of relief) You always hope everything is ok but its not until you see the baby or hear that everything looks good. We just need to keep him baking (as Layne would say)!

I have been able to feel him move since the 4th of July. He doesn't move around quite as much as Julia did but maybe that will change when he gets bigger. I'm trying to get things organized for his arrival while I can still move around, trying to find a place for him and getting little diapers and baby clothes ready. Buying little boy clothes is a little different for me. Its still hard to believe I'm having a boy. I didn't grow up with brothers or even a lot of boy cousins for that matter, it will just be a little different for me. Boy clothes and short hair, scouts, passing the sacrament, and a future missionary on my hands just seems foreign to me. That's why I have Layne to help :) I'm sure this little guy will be just like dad....a sports fanatic!! I can't wait to see how different he will be, who he will look like and how Julia will get along with him!

Layne and I both have names we really like and actually agree on so we just need to decide. It was ALOT easier than picking Julia's name for sure. Julia has an opinion and wants to name baby brother Tarzan :) She asks me on occasion if Tarzan is in my tummy! Kids are to cute!

No comments: