Monday, March 25, 2013

Picture of the Week.......

We had to make a run to the after hours clinic last night because Christian was using the couch as a trampoline and happened to fly off the edge and land on the toy box. All we saw was Christian flying over the edge and heard a big thud. Layne went to pick him up and he was gushing blood. So we ran upstairs and wiped it all away and it was a deep cut. I got woozy (I tend to do that with head wounds) and had to sit down while Layne tried to bandage him up for the car ride. I drove while Layne held him in the back seat. We got to the insta-care minutes before closing but so did 5 other people who were ahead of us, so it was a long wait. But Christian was just fine, his normal rambunctious self. We finally got back to get the stitches and that was where I, again, didn't do so when. At least I know my limits and I'm glad Layne was there to help. We had to wrap him up in a blanket and hold him down and boy he did not like that. He was screaming "hurt" and "owey" while they cleaned the cut and were put the numbing shot in. And of course the gut retching scream for 'mommy' the whole time. I hate that, I couldn't do a thing for him, let alone stand by him to try and comfort him because my body couldn't handle it. But while we waited for the doctor to come and stitch him up I was able to go over and stand by him and try to calm him down. He finally gave up and passed out fast alseep once they started putting the stitches in. I on the other had was sitting over in a chair trying not to pass out. He woke up and wanted me and so I finally got to hold him and then he got a popcicle for doing so great. Obviously it was harder on me than anything. I knew he was ok but just hearing the crying and the hurt makes your heart break. But all in all he is doing well and is really a tough kid!
A happy kid despite the 4 stitches!!

No comments: