Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Garden Gathering.......

Well for the Relief Society meeting this month we had a 'Garden Gathering.' We held it outside and it was a perfect evening. We had everyone make 'personality hats' and then we talked about them to get to know one another. We played a few games, had yummy treats and a spiritual message related to gardening.

Since I'm in charge of the activities I had to make mine in advance and wear it to church on Sunday and announce the activity in Primary, YW, nursery and Relief Society. So I think EVERYBODY saw me wearing my crazy hat on Sunday. Hey, at least the primary kids got a kick out of it.

The above picture is my hat. I decorated it with things that I like, hobbies, and talents. I think it turned out great and everybody loved it. ALL the ladies who made hats did an awesome job and were all so creative. They made really good conversation pieces.....the whole object I guess!

I decided to try something new to take to the activity. Some kind of Mexican pinwheel and you dip them in salsa....they were ok but  hey, they got eaten :)

No comments: