Saturday, June 7, 2014

Flowers.......

So I am taking after my grandma Spafford and my own mom, at least I'm trying to. They both love(d) flowers and gardening. Maybe that's where I get it from, at least I'd like to think so!

I bought these Holly Hocks last year. I bought 4 plants and only 2 survived. But the 2 that made it are just huge and gorgeous. I think they quadrupled in size compared to what they were last year. They smell amazing and look great. They add a lot to our bare backyard. But its a process to be able to get everything I want and plant it all. So I just get a little each season/year and add to it. I did go and buy 2 more holly hock plants and hopefully they survive for next season. I also have a lone plant that grew all on its own, hopefully they will keep multiplying.

My father-in-law asked if I liked to plant flowers or if they were bought just to make the yard look nice. I said both! I do love to have myself surrounding by things I have planted and grown. I like to have my yard look nice as well. It adds life and character to a house so it looks more like a home!

 I loved my grandma's yard. She always had the pink tea rose bushes, and every time I smell them I think of her. She always had fresh cut flowers in her house. Lilacs and tulips were the other flowers I always remember her having in the house! I also love my mom and dad's yard. My mom has multiple flower beds that she has to keep up with. And she is always my go-to on what will look good, or will grow the best etc. She knows a lot!

I guess I'm just excited to see the fruits of my labors. Planting, watering and cultivating something of my very own. I hope to continue learning about and growing my very own flower gardens, in hopes that my own family will appreciate their beauty!

No comments: