Thursday, February 25, 2016

Julia's Solo.........

Julia has been practicing for her 3rd grade singing program for about a month. A few weeks ago she came up to me and said "I tried out for one of the solo parts with some other girls and I hope I get one." I was shocked. I had no idea she wanted to try out for a part let alone a solo. Wow, that was awesome and brave! So a about a week later she told me she had gotten one of the solo parts. I told her that I was proud of her and she was so happy. She was nervous about practicing in front of her class but she sounded great!

She was suppose to wear a dress to her concert and so she wore her Christmas dress. She wanted to look extra special I think for her solo. Their concert was great. It was all about helping others, and standing up and making a difference in the world. Pretty poignant for today!

KINDNESS
"Are you wondering how you can help the world?" (Julia's Solo)
Are you wondering how you can make a diff'rence?
Do you wonder what to do? Do you wonder how it's true?
Do you wonder how a change could start with you?

Chorus: It stars with kindness, with kindness.
              It comes from deep inside.
              With kindness. With kindness.
              Kindness from the heart.

Are you wondering how you can help the world?
Are you wondering what matters on your journey?
Do you wonder what you'll see? Do you wonder how to be?
Do you wonder how it starts with you and me?

Julia did such a great job on her solo and in her concert. You can tell she loved all the music and had a good time singing it. Great job Julia!



No comments: