Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Family Reunion.......

My dad's brother, Uncle Robert, came to visit tonight. That's rare and I don't remember the last time I have even seen a member of my dad's family. My dad isn't one to talk much about his family and we weren't very close with them growing up. They lived in New York and Pennsylvania while we were growing up and we just never saw each other. I do remember getting a Christmas ornament from Aunt Nancy every year and actually we still do.

My cousin Susan and her husband also came with them and brought her 2 girls. And our girls had a blast with them. As the adults sat around and talked the girls played and played. They had a great time connecting and getting to know one another. It was interesting to hear Uncle Robert talk about my grandma. She had passed away when my dad was 12 and he says he doesn't remember much about her, or least doesn't like to talk about her much. Uncle Robert is the 2nd oldest and had lots to share with us. While telling stories my dad would share his input and shared what he recalled.

It was a fun evening to catch up after all these years and talk. It's nice to see the girls play and make new friends/cousins so easily too!




No comments: