Friday, July 31, 2009

Flashback Friday....Chicken Pox

The year was 1983, in Jackson, Michigan. I was the first to get sick. I remember being up really late and getting to watch TV. (our bedtime in that day was 8 pm so staying up late, whether sick or not, was a treat!) I remember feeling soooo sick and then the next day the red spots appeared. I had the chicken pox. Bring on the Camiline lotion...that stinky, peptol bismal pink stuff that stopped the itch. Then slowly we all ended up with the spots. I also remember my dad getting chicken pox as well. I guess he never got them as a kid and he was hit pretty hard as I recall. This is a picture of us all fitting into the tub amazingly enough. This must be at the end of it all because none of us really have that many spots left, only traces. Love Kristy's expression! She was always the ham!!

No comments: