Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Potty Success!

Well we started potty training Julia on the 2nd of October. Wow I didn't realize how exhausting it was. The first day was rough and I actually fell asleep that night around 8:30pm...I was beat. Julia had the concept down but still was having accidents...but you can't blame her she just started this new process to retrain her brain! So anyway by Monday she had the peeing down and will now tell us when she has to go pee-pee and she has stayed dry for the past few days. We go in and help her and then she insists we leave until she is done. "Go, Mommy or Go, Daddy." is our que to leave her to do her business. Well I thought and I have heard that #2 comes later and takes forever for them to get that part down. We even got her a bath time Little Mermaid doll and put it up high so she could see it but it was out of reach until she went #2. And we asked my sister in Alabama to be the voice of Ariel on the phone so she could even TALK to the Little Mermaid. So we had a few accidents over the last few days BUT TODAY WAS THE DAY!!!! She said she had to go pee-pee and so I left after the insistent, GO MOMMY and then came back in to check on her.......SUCCESS!!! I was so surprised because it was so unexpected! We gave her doll and made a special phone call to Ariel. She did awesome and I hope she can keep it up. Such silly little things we get excited about but this is a milestone...a never go back moment....having your baby learning to go potty!

No comments: