Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Sunbeam!!!



My little Julia is a SUNBEAM!! I can't believe it....it seemed just like yesterday that I was dropping her off to play in nursery. So about a week ago Julia got a letter from the Primary Presidency letting her know what the theme for primary will be this year and who her new teachers will be. She was so excited to get her own little card in the mail. So ever since then I have been talking up primary.
All weekend long I've been telling her that she won't be going to nursery anymore and that she will be a Sunbeam in Primary! I told her she gets to in the 'big' room with all the 'big' kids and sing songs. She seemed pretty excited. Today she woke up and said, "I get to go to primary today!" She also said "I will cry a little"....but I said "no way, you won't cry because you are such a big girl." She agreed and didn't seem a bit nervous until we walked up to the front of the primary room. She met one of her teachers and then grabbed my hand...she was a little nervous and shy but I told her we would be back to get her after our class. She let me leave but we still had Daddy check on her.
Layne checked on her a few times and said that she was standing up with her feet behind her on the bar standing through the chair....I even explained to her the rules. We need to seat in our seats or the teachers will bring you back to mommy and daddy for not staying in your seat. Well I guess she forgot. Layne had to take her to the bathroom and on the way back down the hall they started singing the snowman song. Layne said "hey, that's your song Julia," and so she ran back to the room to go sing!
After church was over I met Julia out in the car and she had a crown on her head. "I AM A CHILD OF GOD." She was so excited and said, "Mom, I didn't cry!" I asked her if she had a good time and she said, "YES!" She was so excited to show me her CTR ring and a Popsicle sucker. Her teacher told Layne when he picked her up that she even said the opening prayer in class.
I asked her what songs she sang and she said the snowman song and Book of Mormon song. She also told me that Nephi came to see them in primary and talked to them. The theme for Primary this year is: I know the scriptures are true. So I guess they had some of the Young Men in the ward dress up as Book of Mormon characters and they came into the primary. She was so excited to talk about her experience and all that she did today. I was so glad that the transition from nursery to primary went so well.....I guess she really is growing up! I'm excited to see her go through this year to see what she will learn and how her testimony will develop and grow!
Our new little SUNBEAM!

No comments: