Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wisdom Wednesday

I have a problem and it affects the way I live my life. Its affected me for a long time but I guess its just become my norm for living. But I don't want it to be the norm anymore.....I need to feel normal. I admit I have a problem and I guess that is the first step. I deal with Anxiety, as I know so many people do, but my levels of anxiety lately consume my life. My mind just races, constantly thinking of the next thing I have to do. And its not that any one thing has caused this to come to my attention but certain things do add to my anxiety. I feel like I am on edge all the time and its very hard to sit and relax even when I have done everything possible to make my life free of stress and chaos. Even though I will tell myself I don't need to get this all done today or just go with the flow, my OCD and Anxiety won't let me. So, I was in the bathroom the other day, cleaning up, and the thought came to me.....THIS IS NOT NORMAL! I finally voiced my concern to members of my family and they have noticed my behavior as well and for some period of time. I am seeking help and I know things will get better. I need them to be better. I don't want to live my life like this anymore. Its hard to deal with and admit you have issues. Its hard to have to be on medication to help the problem but I can't fix it on my own.

So I wanted to post this more so for me, to vocalize it, to make myself more aware of it so I can fix it. I have been trying to stay positive and tell myself it will get better.

"Look to the POSITIVE. Know that He is watching over you, that He hears your prayers and will answer them, that He loves you and will make that love manifest. Let the Holy Spirit guide you in all that you do as you look to become the kind of women of whom you dream. YOU CAN DO IT!" ~ President Gordon B. Hinckley

No comments: