Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Wonderpets

I felt like I was right in the middle of a Wonder Pets episode today. Julia was in her room for quiet time and I was finally sitting down to relax when I kept hearing birds fluttering outside the window. So I took a peek outside and a baby robin had fallen down our window well and was chirping and trying to fly out.
Save the Baby Robin!
I called Julia out to come look and she was so excited. We went outside to see if there where any other birds around, a nest, or a momma bird, but nothing. So we went back in and tried to figure out how to get it out. I decided to pop open the screen, but how to catch it? I didn't want to touch it and so I grabbed a juice pitcher and went to catch the bird. I trapped it and put the lid on it. We ran outside and went to the back of our yard and opened the lid. I had to kinda pour the bird out and then it hopped away.
The bird is still in the pitcher
Its hard to see but the bird is on the mound of dirt.
 Julia wanted to keep checking on it to make sure it was alright but it had hopped away. I really hope it finds a momma bird so it can be safe :)
Wonder Pets, wonder Pets, we're on our way to help a baby robin and save the day. We're not to big and we're not to tough but when we work together we got the right stuff. GOOO Wonder Pets.....Yeah!

1 comment:

Christensen family said...

How fun. Doesn't that song get stuck in your head FOREVER? It does mine. :)