Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The escape artist......

As of today Christian can now escape his the pack-n-play he's been sleeping in since birth. Layne had gotten up this morning before me or the kids and then I heard Christian crying but it didn't last very long. Little did I know he had climbed out of his bed all by himself. Layne thought I had gotten up to get him out and I thought Layne had gotten him out. It was confirmed later in the day when Christian got out all by himself after his nap.
Julia didn't start climbing out of her crib until she was about 2.5 years old. So she was a little older and stayed in bed a little better than Christian has. Christian on the other hand just barely turned 2 and is a climber so it was bound to happen. I just wish he would have figured it out a little bit later like Julia did. Oh well, what can you do?!


So for now we took the extra bed from under Julia's bed and put it in Christian's room. Its nice because its close to the ground and a good starting bed in case he falls out he won't fall so far. He was excited to see it in his room and layed right down with his blanket and kitty cat. Only problem is he won't stay in bed at all at night. And for the last few nights he hasn't gone to bed until about 10:30-11:00pm. He just gets out and roams around the house or will come downstairs to find us. We should just shut his door but he just screams and pounds on the door. But at least he would stay in his room....we might have to try it out. Eventually he will fall asleep, right?! So I've had to rock him to sleep for him to even stay in bed at night. I know he will learn to stay in bed but this might take awhile and it's certainly cutting in to my own sleep time. Heaven help us!

No comments: