Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Days of Summer Part 2..........

So the first day of August we decided to do our 2nd annual camp out at grandma Mott's house. We get the kids together and have a little BBQ and s'mores. We played a fun new game Kristy found, Rainbow Tag. You get face paint crayons and place hide them all around the yard. Each person has to find each color of the rainbow and mark it on their arm. The catch is there is one person we call Pinky that wears a pink shirt. There job is to tag you and wipe on color off each time they catch you. The person to get all the colors of the rainbow on their arm without getting caught by pinky wins.  I was sure how this was going to go down with the ages in the bunch, butuIt was a success, the kids had so much fun with it. It gave them a chance to run around the yard get tired out and be ready to set up the tent.  It's always a fun time. We stayed late this year but didn't sleep over. I had to work the next day and so no sleeping out for us but the kids still had fun.













 RAINBOW TAG..........


 


 

 

 

 



We had silly times too. Playing in boxes and taking selfies. Having movie nights with the neighbors and being rewarded with play doh!  Such a fun way to pass the day!








Also took the kids to their 6 month dental checkups. They actually don't mind going to the dentist. Julia went first and was brave. She got x-rays, brushed and flossed. No cavities but we found out she has an extra tooth growing in behind her missing front tooth. (More on that later!) The picture is bad. She isn't scared or worried she is just trying to sit up and I caught her in an awkward pose.

-

Christian also did fantastic. This time, thanks to big sister for setting a great example, Christian jumped right up into the chair and sat still. He got x-rays too. He even let the hygienist brush and floss his teeth. He was even giving her high 5's! Last time we went he barely opened his mouth. But in his case that is normal, just gets him in a routine and plus he had no cavities. I always tell him we have to get the cavity bugs out of his teeth and it seems to have worked! He is great at letting me brush his teeth :) Julia was being a great big sister. She was sitting right by him and holding his hand!
So onto Julia' extra tooth. So the dentist sent the x-ray he had to an oral surgeon and then we had to go make a visit to him the very next day bright and early. Julia had heard the dentist and I talking about this extra tooth and how if they needed to they would go in and cut her gums and then take it out for her and hopefully the permanent tooth would come down. So the night before I told her lets get some clothes ready so we don't have to worry about that so early in the morning. This was the following conversation:
Julia: So mom I need to get a brave shirt.
Me: Okay, let me find your 'princess' brave shirt.
Julia: No, no I need a shirt that says I'M brave, like you know.
Me: Well, what do you think you should wear.
Julia: I don't know.
Me: Well, how about a BYU shirt?
Julia: They aren't brave?!
Me: Well, they have to be tough, and they have to work hard.
Julia: Okay, which one should I wear?
Me: How about the one that says, 'Rise Up'?
Julia: What does that mean?
Me: Well, you have to Rise up to the challenge, be brave and be strong.
Julia: Okay I will wear that one!

So we wake up to get ready and she asked me what kinda of stuff will I be able to eat. I said what ever you want, not knowing what she meant. So she kinda gets mad and I said hold on a minute what do you mean and why are you so upset. She told me well I thought I would get to eat ice cream because they are going to, you know, cut open my, you know and take out the tooth. I hadn't realized she was worried about getting her tooth cut out that morning. I told her we were just going to go down to another dentist to have some more pictures taken. She then replied, "Worst day ever!" She was upset because she wasn't going to be eating ice cream and pudding all day.

Long story short. The extra tooth is close to the nerve of her permanent tooth. There is a space between the 2 teeth but the oral surgeon said if it were my daughter I would wait about 8-9 months to see if the permanent tooth gets more mature and longer and then we can go in and cut out the extra tooth. Until then she may not even have her permanent tooth come through the skin, or if it does come through it won't come all the way out! So we will see what happens in several months.
Here she is getting a 3D image taken. The x-rays and images were really cool to look at. She was really brave and all the ladies kept saying how cute she was! Such a big girl!

We had a new addition to our extended family this summer. The day before Julia's birthday her little baby cousin Grayson joined us! My sister was induced at 6pm and had the baby at 8:16pm. Talk about fast!! He sure is cute! While mom, dad, and new baby brother were in the hospital we got to have Peyton over for a little while! It was fun to have her visit. Julia loved taking care of her. She will be a great baby sitter one day! Welcome to the world Grayson!




The very next day was Julia's birthday! But I will leave that to its own separate post! Its been a great summer!


No comments: