Thursday, February 19, 2015

Braces........

I decided last year during open enrollment with my insurance that I was going to get some extra dental insurance that covered orthodontic care. I certainly knew my kids were going to need braces because they both have been cursed with my tiny, crowded mouth. And because I was going to get braces too. Yes, you heard that right, I am getting braces again. I had to wait a whole year before my insurance would let me put them on but in that time I went to a few orthodontists to see which was the right fit and picked Dr. Swenson, who just happens to be my sister in laws, brother in law. Kinda crazy but anyway. So I'm getting my teeth straightened again. Yes, it was painful. The first day was fine. The next 2 days was torture. It felt like my whole mouth was just coming out of being numb and it just ached and ached and I couldn't chew anything. So I ate mash potatoes, cup of noodles, pudding, basically anything soft. After the first 2 days I was asking myself what have I done but I know it will be worth it in the end. I don't like my smile and I really wanted to do something for myself! So here goes nothing. I can suffer through this for a 14 months, no big deal! I will have to show you a before and after picture when its all said and done :)

No comments: