Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Busy September

Well I'm trying to keep up with everything going on and its been a little hectic and crazy! An update on the Cromwell's! Layne has been at this new job for almost a month now. He is still learning and training in a sense. He said to really feel comfortable it will take about 2-3 months. He is adjusting well and is still studying to take his insurance exams. He has to go into work earlier than is old job and so that made it difficult to contain Julia in the mornings while I work. So with some hemming and hawing I also changed my work schedule. Because I changed my schedule around I also had to pick up an additional 5 hours. NOT FUN... is all I have to say. I still work a split shift and only work a few hours in the mornings and work more at night when Layne gets home. Poor guy....its tough to come home after a long day and deal with a 2 year old all by yourself at the worst part of her day.....(Cranky and Hyper)....to say the least. I appreciate his willingness to watch her when he comes home after a long day!

I was able to complete my temple goal this month and Layne has allowed me to have some "me" time for a few Saturdays this month as well! Its been nice to get a break and be able to shop or complete a project without being interrupted every 2 seconds! Layne gets the "Father of the Month" award.....hands down! THANK YOU! I am glad it is cooling down and getting to feel more like fall....I got out my Halloween decorations all ready and it feels more like fall. The leaves are starting to change in the mountains....Love this time of year!

Layne had his 10th annual PPA tournament with his good group of high school friends over Labor Day Weekend. Layne put together a little video, shirts were made, smack talk and a great competition ensued. Layne pointed out before he left that no one had predicted him to win anything this year and he came home with the Overall Champion trophy and the Bowling trophy! I wasn't surprised, I knew he would win something. And he has been overall Champ now back to back and 3 times total....a feat no one else has done so far....Way To GO!!! Layne is also excited about his 49er's this year...started off 2-0 so far in regular season and he has refused to wash his 49er's shirt until they lose....OH BOY! So he is excited to see his team take on Brett and the Vikings this week.....should be interesting!

Julia.....well what can I say about Julia!!! She is a ball of energy the minute she wakes up at 7:30am every morning until she hits the pillow at 8:00pm at night. She honestly wears me out. I only get a break if she takes her nap and I usually tend to doze off myself....I love nap time!!! Her latest thing is to watch "Mermaid", "Tinkbell" or "Cinella" everyday and sometimes more than once a day. She loves "Little Mermaid" the best and she can actually quote along with the movie and loves to sing along with Ariel. (As I type this Mermaid is playing. ) She loves to watch her "shows" as she calls them and play with "ta-doh" (play-doh) while she watches. She is a pretty good eater for the most part but is in a rut with her favorite foods. I guess its in the genes because she asks to eat chips and salsa everyday and usually for breakfast but we usually can hold off until lunch. She loves her fruit and chicken fingers and snacks (fruit snacks) as she calls them. She is becoming more independant and wants to try things on her own and gets mad if we try and help. She talks so much more. A usual conversation lately goes something like this:
Julia: " Hi, mommy, whatca doing?"
Me: "Hi, Julia, I'm eating breakfast. What are you doing?"
Julia: "Oh, yes." Ok. Something to that effect. She is also really big into already asking, "what's that." Until you answer her and its over and over again.

Next big thing for Julia will be next weekend. We are going to attempt potty training with her because she is the habit of pulling off her diaper now and usually when its messy. Fingers crossed...I hope this goes smoothly...we keep everyone posted with updates! Should be exciting!
I am excited to see Julia go through the Holiday season. She is at such a fun age. The other day as we were out walking I thought to myself "How can I keep her this small and little." She is so fun and I hate to see her grow up to fast. I cherish everyday with her. Its always something new for her each day...learning about the world around her. Its fasinating to watch.

No comments: