Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Click....Take a Pic

I was playing with Julia on the floor and my back started to hurt so I said I had to sit up in the chair. Julia comes walking over to me and says, "sick, mommy?" Ok, Ok, mommy?" I said I was ok and then she let me be. So she tends to have a little OCD and took all of her little stuffed animals and lined them all up. She then proceeds to tell me her Bunny is sick, Bear is sick. So I told her to give them hugs and kisses. She bent over and kissed all of the animals in the line. Next proceeded to pick up a few and rock them while saying, "Rock, Rock." She said Mingo (flamingo) and Dino (alligator) were still sick so I said she needed to give them a hug to feel better. The look on her face when she picked them up was so priceless....she seemed to feel their pain (whatever pain that might have been). She was so concerned for them. I told her she was being a 'good mommy' taking care of all the animals. So once they were all taken care of it was time for the photo shoot. If any of you out there have seen 'Go Diego Go' they have a part of the show where a camera comes out to take pictures of the animals. So Julia kept saying Click, Mommy?? At first I was what are you saying....then it clicked (pardon the pun). She was imitating Diego. She kept saying Click...take a pic mommy....she would put all the animals on the stool and then lay down with them on the floor and then wanted to sit with the animals. It was quite the ordeal but she was really have a good time. Its so neat to see her imitate or say those things that you continually say and do for her. How impressionable our kids really are. Below are some pictures of the animal photo shoot!

2 comments:

Christensen family said...

The OCD must be a 2 year old thing. Landon always lines up his cars. It is scary how much they copy us. THe other day Landon was saying "Stop mom." ;) He's heard that a time or two. :)

Lydia said...

I can't believe how big she is getting.