Sunday, September 13, 2009

GOAL ACCOMPLISHED!!

On September 5th (last weekend) after work my sister and I drove up north to visit the Logan temple. It was a busy day with lots of weddings taking place. Logan temple sits atop a big hill and it looks very similar to the Manti Temple. Great day, great company and a great trip to the Temple.


Then this weekend we left to head down to Monticello Friday night. We drove most of the night and got a room for a few hours to get up early to go to the Monticello Temple Saturday morning. You need to make appointments to attend Monticello because it only has one endowment room. It was the smallest temple we have been to but no less beautiful. We all got up and went to the 6 am session on Saturday. We beat the rush and actually stayed awake through it all. Everyone kept asking where we were from and we actually met a couple in the parking lot who has the same goal this year. They were just starting out and Monticello was their first stop and come to find out they were from our neck of the woods in Highland. Small world!!



It was our last temple trip and we were all able to go together. 13 Temples in 9 months!! At first I didn't think we would be able to get it all done. Everyone had different schedules but if we all couldn't go together we did go with one other person. We set the time and followed through. Just with anything in life you have to make up your mind to JUST DO IT!!! It has been a great experience to be able to go to the temple each month and to see all the UTAH temples. I'm grateful for the work and service I was able to preform and hope to continue to get to the temple each month!! By attending the temple it brings added peace, comfort, and blessings to my complicated and overly scheduled life. Things just seem to work out a little more easily when we make the time to put temple attendance as a priority in our lives. What a wonderful experience it was to go to each temple and to see each of their unique qualities. I'm glad I was able to achieve at least one goal I set this year, and I'm glad I was able to go with my family!!

No comments: