Thursday, December 2, 2010

Anticipation!


28 weeks


33 weeks
37 weeks
I have been so excited for the Christmas season to roll around this year. I don't know if its because I get to decorate and put up the tree or if its because we have a new addition coming!! A little bit of both I think! As a family we are so excited and can't wait until he gets here. I don't know if Julia quite gets the concept of a new baby in the home but I am so anxious for them to meet and see her reaction!

I'm certainly ready to have him. I'm 37 weeks and he is just a mover just like Julia! A couple of times he has kicked just right to where it has literally made me sit straight up! If he is anything like Julia we are in trouble!

Layne doesn't show to much excitement but I know he can't wait. I can't wait for them to meet and have the 'father-son' bonding moment! Just having another male in the home to counter balance all the drama that goes on will be welcomed! And I know he is tired of me complaining and moaning about all the discomfort and pain I'm in all the time.....BUT he has been a trooper about it.....thanks for the understanding!

The pregnancy overall has been so much better than my first! They do say every pregnancy is different and I'm grateful this one has been! I have been able to stay healthy and we are certainly farther along with this baby then we were with Julia. I haven't had all the horrible discomfort that I had with Julia. This time around its been just the normal stretching and discomfort that most women get. I haven't had to wear the pregnancy belt that helps support everything like I did the first time around. I have been able to just do more, meaning walking around, getting out and doing things the farther along I get then I ever did with Julia, and without all the pain! I did experience more migraines and I get the swollen feet/ankles with this one. I certainly don't sleep well with baby #2 either. I know its just preparing me for all the sleepless nights I will have when he actually gets here! Cravings were different too. For the longest time I couldn't even stand the smell of salsa, which was my favorite thing to eat. But it finally passed and I'm back to my routine of a daily dose of salsa! For awhile it was cravings for a BLT sandwich from the Purple Turtle and lately its been Sticky Fingers and Fries with Creamy Amazing Sauce from Wingers. I even bought the sauce thinking I could duplicate the wonderful sauce but of course its never the same, but close enough! One craving did stay the same and that was cold cereal, it was about the only thing I could eat for awhile, and for 3 meals a day. Frosted Mini-Wheats, Cracklin Oat Brand, and regular Captain Crunch were among the favorites. I think I would down a box of Captain Crunch in about 2 days....so healthy!

We are certainly in uncharted territory with this one! But that definitely is a good thing. I just want to be able to have a "normal" experience at the hospital this time, if there is such a thing. We do have a C-section planned and so the date is set a week before the actual due date. The 23rd is the original due date but I am so glad we get to have him a week early, just with Christmas and all. Hopefully, no matter when he comes on the 17th or earlier, I will be able to see him before he is rushed off. I didn't even get to see Julia until about 8 hours later and she was in the NICU all tied up. So fingers crossed everything goes well and we won't have to have another NICU baby. I really do think things will go as planned and he will be able to stay with us and I will be able to have the 'mother-son' bonding time that I so want to experience!

I am really am excited but I just can't seem to comprehend that I will have 2 kids, a new baby, and a baby BOY at that. I've always wanted to have a boy and I really didn't think it would happen. I am certainly a 'tom-boy' and always have been so all the things that come along with boys is exciting to me! I know he will be a great addition to our little family! I can't wait to meet you little baby boy!

1 comment:

Christensen family said...

Congratulations! We can't wait to see him.z