Monday, October 31, 2011

HAPPY HALLOWEEN


 Last night we started out the festivities with some pumpkin carving. We had soooo many pumpkins to carve. I think I ended up doing at least 3. Julia helped clean hers out and wasn't afraid to grab the guts and pull them out. My nephew, Caleb, on the other hand......well he had a little bit of a hard time. We told him to grab in and just pull out a big handful. His eyes started watering and he was literally gagging as he pulled out his handful. It was so funny.....I don't think I laughed that hard in a long time. Poor Caleb......he just doesn't like the gooey pumpkin guts. Julia wanted Rapunzel cut out on her pumpkin and it was challenging but I think it turned out pretty good. Layne even got in on the action too. We all had a great time carving and the end result was great. Everyone did such a great job!

Julia's scary face

Layne carving a 'holey pumpkin'

Mom helping Caleb clean the pumpkin

Our 4 finished pumpkins. The big cat, Rapunzel, holey and scary pumpkin

What a spooky sight......


Julia had been counting down the days until Halloween all weekend long. She woke up this morning and said, "Mom, guess what? It's Halloween today. I can't wait to go trick-or treating." She was excited to say the least. She even got to dress up for school today. I had to start early because she wanted to do her hair like Rapunzel. So it took some work but I think it looked great. Christian is Julia's cute sidekick. The Princess and the Frog or it could be Rapunzel's pal, Pasquel. But the big googly eyes match with Christian's. I think they are too cute. I wanted to get a few pictures before the night began because the kids always looked so disheveled as the day wears on.

All the cute ribbon and flowers and ribbons
Rapunzel, let down your hair

My little froggie....I would kiss those cheeks to
turn him into a little prince

The Princess and the Frog

No comments: