Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Preserve Your Memories.......

So I'm renaming my Personal History posts to Preserve Your Memories. I thought of it the other day and started singing the Simon and Garfunkel song, Bookends. Here are the lyrics:

Time it was, and what a time it was,
it was A time of innocence, a time of confidences
Long ago, it must be, I have a photograph
Preserve your memories; They're all that's left you.

Who pulled your teeth when they were loose? How was it done? How much did the tooth fairy leave you?

Well, let's just say that I hated having loose teeth. I was afraid to even try and pull them out. The thought just grosses me out and when I see little kids with loose teeth I have a hard time, weird, I know.

I just remember a few teeth pulling experiences. Once I had a lose tooth and I was riding the bus home from school and my mouth was up against the seat in front of me and we went over a bump and it just knocked it right out. That was one of the easiest I remember. Another time I was eating some cereal and one of my molars came out. Doesn't feel to good when you chomp down on one of those!

Once I remember I had a loose tooth on the bottom and my mom kept telling me it wasn't even attached. It had actually fallen over in my mouth. So one night when I was asleep she came into my room and just tried to pull it out of my mouth but I woke up and that was the end of that. I actually went into the dentist terrified because he was going to have to pull it out. I hate pain and have so much anxiety about it. But he just grabbed a hold of it and pulled it right out....like I said earlier, it wasn't even attached anymore just kinda stuck. One of the worst tooth pulling experiences I remember and all because I was afraid of a little pain.

I always remember putting my tooth in an envelop and then putting it under my pillow. I use to get $.25 for a tooth. I thought it was a lot back then. What is the going rate now a days?? Probably at least a dollar, right? I won't be to happy when my kids start loosing their baby teeth.

No comments: