Monday, June 25, 2012

Preserve you Memories......



I haven't done one of these in a long time so I thought I would post one today.

 Do you have a favorite story that I wanted to read over and over again?

 I don't really remember what stories my parents ever read to me but I'm sure I had my favorites just like my kids have their favorite books. But when I was in 2nd grade I LOVED a certain little red book called, The Box Car Children. I probably read that book 20 times between 2-3rd grade. I knew exactly where it was on the shelf when I found myself wanting to read it again. I loved the story of a little orphaned family and how they went out into the woods and lived in an old boxcar because they didn't have anywhere else to go. I actually just bought the book on amazon and hope to read it to Julia when she is a little older. I hope she likes it as much as I did.


I also loved the Ramona Quimby series by Beverly Clearly. I probably read those all in 4th grade and would read those over and over too. I remember Ramona was a funny little girl who had the worst luck. She was clumsy, forgetful and silly. I hope to get a collection of these as well so Julia and I can read them together. Books are a great escape. They open up your imagination and can take you anywhere!

No comments: