Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving........

Thanksgiving this year was held at our house. So that meant I was the one to do the turkey. In my 39 years on earth, I will admit I have never cooked a turkey on my own. My mom and sister Amy walked me through the process. Didn't seem to bad until the next morning while preparing the bird. All I can say is EEWWW, GROSS! Chicken and hamburger don't bother me but a huge turkey, just gross. Anyway, the kids and Layne came out and agreed with me on the gross factor. But we finally got it in the oven and let it cook.

Everyone started to gather and we made all the last minute food preparations. The bird turned out nice and golden brown! All the food was wonderful and so was the company. It was a great day! It was a day that will be remembered. And everyone for some reason kept saying how great all the food tasted this year?! I agree, maybe we were just super hungry or maybe it was all that extra love we put into it this year :)

 Last minute prep.......
 The Kids Table :)

The rest of the day we just talked, played games, napped, watched football, ate more pie and goodies! The best part was being able to spend time together! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!


 Mad game of Monopoly going on!
All the Grandkids!

No comments: