Saturday, November 29, 2014

The Christmas Tree.........

I like to wait until after Christian's birthday to put up the tree but this year was so busy with things going on the only time to get it up was right after Thanksgiving. I don't think he minded one bit!

 I really wanted a real tree this year but the cost made me think twice, maybe next year. So we got the fake on out. The kids love to help, and I'll take it, it takes awhile to get it up. I usually do the lights and tinsel and it took me a little longer this year to get that all up. Actually 3 tries to get the lights on this year.........long story, you can ask Layne about it, he thinks its funny, I on the other hand do not!

Anyway, it is up and looks wonderful. It's always fun to put up the ornaments and reminisce the history of the ornaments and what they mean. I gave the kids some ornaments and the level of tree they could put them on. Julia was excited to put them on the middle of the tree this year. Christian got the bottom of the tree and was not happy. He told me, "Mom, these are the boring ornaments." Sorry pal we all had that job at least once! I also debated  putting up my second tree. I thought Christian still might have a tough time keeping his hands off the tree this year. I didn't put it up but wish I had, he is doing a good job not touching the tree this year.







No comments: