Friday, December 16, 2011

Annual Holiday Cookie making Day

Wow, we were ambitious this year. Usually we make a lot of batches of sugar cookie dough and just frost and decorate them and deliver them to friends and neighbors. But we wanted to make a few extra things this year. We tried the ever so popular 'cake pops' this year. First off we made way to many and second we had to try a few times to get them just right. It was fun decorating them and they turned out really cute. I love sweet with salty so I decided to make chocolate dipped pretzels. Super easy and cute too! So it took us all day to make and decorate the cake pops and pretzels. We made a couple batches of the sugar cookies and frosted them and then we let the kids go crazy and decorate them. They love it. It gets a little messy but its fun to have them be a part of it.

Yummy chocolate dipped pretzels


Making cake pops and a finished product :)



Getting ready to decorate!
So after a long day of treat making we head home to find Layne waiting for us. Mind you, it took ALL day to make this stuff. Layne looks over the treats I brought home all decorated and wrapped and said, "What no Buckeye's?" I had to chuckle because I was so tired and I know he LOVES his peanut butter with chocolate dipped balls but I didn't have the strenght to make them. So I decided the next day to get up and make a couple of batches.

He seriously RAVES about these things. He said I should either make or take some up to Preston when we go for Christmas :) And he gave some to the Elders quorum who came to visit and really talked them up. So he must really like them. I just smile when he mentions it.....I've never seen him so excited over peanut butter and chocolate but its cute. Anyway, it was a fun couple of days making treats for everyone! Its a lot of work but so fun making and sharing the memories.

Amy and Julia making pretty sugar cookies

Jane enjoying her cookies




No comments: