Friday, December 16, 2011

A special message from Santa

 Click here to watch the video!
FYI: You can't watch the video here I just wanted to get the picture to show.

I had a special message in my inbox the other day and it was addressed to Julia. It was an actually message from Santa himself. He had a file of Julia, with pictures included, and it talked a little bit about her. How she had a big smile and that she was 4 years old. Julia was so surprised. I kept asking her how he knew all this about her and how did he get pictures of you and she just kept saying I don't know. It was so cute to watch her. She could hardly believe that Santa knew her and was talking to her. He knew about her birthday party and her special trip to Disneyland this year. And he knew what she wanted most for Christmas, A singing Rapunzel Doll.

At the very end of the message the elves put Julia's file into a machine to see if she is on the Naughty or Nice list. And it came out saying she was on the "Nice" list. She was so excited. But Santa told her she needed to make sure and listen to her mommy!! I liked that part!

The day after we watched the video was just a little crazy. Julia was acting up and just screaming and yelling alot over nothing as usual. I put her in the corner for timeout and when she got out she had this conversation with me.

J:  "Mom, I'm really sorry for yelling. Now I won't be on the nice list."

K:  "Well, we still have time to make it on the nice list today. You just have to listen and stop yelling."

J:  "But Mom I won't be on the nice list and Santa will take my singing Rapunzel to someone else and I won't get one." (She just kept repeating this over and over. She was so concerned about it)

K: "Well, you just have to listen and be nice. I don't think Santa will give your doll to someone else."

J: "Yes HE will. And I won't get one and I really want it."

K:  "Julia, it's OK. We just have to try better to be nice and listen, okay."

J:  "Okay mom, but I really want my Rapunzel doll so no one else will get it."

K:  "Okay, I think it will all work out."

And that was it. She was still cranky the rest of the day but I kept saying Santa is watching you. It's nice when this is actually motivation for her, it makes it a little easier for me. It was so hard not to smile over our little conversation because she was so very upset and crying and concerned about it.

If you want to watch the video I can email you a copy of it. Just text, email or call. Or you can leave a message on this post and I can send it to you!

No comments: