Friday, March 16, 2012

Having a Body really helps you to grow.....

Man, its been a long week for me. Not one of my best, to say the least. But its over and I'm doing great! I've had a lot of help and a lot of great pick-me-ups along the way!

Julia and I have been listening to "My Turn On Earth" this week in the car. She loves to listen to the song where Jesus and Satan present their plans to everyone in heaven. Its fun to have her listen and then ask questions about each song and at least we get something spiritual out of the day :)

Well, the song that hit me this week was the one about your body. It goes a little something like this:

"Everybody ought to have a body, a body is the only way to go.
Oh everybody ought to have a body, having a body really helps you to grow!"

NO KIDDING! Having a body is great when you are healthy and strong but man it can beat you up when you are sick! I've had my fair share of illnesses and it truly is amazing what your body can deal with and go through. And it's true what they say, "What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger." When things get a little rough for me Layne always says, "well, its why we came to earth. You wanted to come to earth to get a body!" Sometimes I wonder, if I really knew what my body had to go through and endure I don't know if I would have shouted for JOY so quickly?! But no really, everything I go through puts things into perspective once again. Why we go through what we go through is to learn and appreciate life and health and your body. It helps us develop Christlike qualities that we could only gather and appreciate because of our hardship.

I do appreciate my body! I do appreciate my health a whole lot more when I have it. I am able to hear and see all that is around me. I am able to walk and have the use of my hands. I can do so many things with my body and I am so grateful for it. It teaches me to stay humble and take each day as a gift. I am glad I was able to come to earth and get a body!

Another thing Julia loves to ask after hearing that song is this: "Mom does everybody have a body?"
Me: "Yep, everybody you see has a body."

No comments: