Sunday, March 4, 2012

Preserve Your Memories.......

Describe my favorite winter activities.


Well, when I was younger I loved to play outside in the snow. I usually found myself trying to build some type of snow fort or making snow angels. When we would visit my grandparents house (which later became our house) I loved to go sledding. I remember a few times when all of us, including aunts and uncles came out to the 'big' hill and took the toboggan down for a ride. It was so fun and we would get going so fast. You couldn't really steer the toboggan and often times we would be headed toward the big pine tree at the end of the run so we would have to bail off before we would hit it. Lots of times we would also venture off onto the back hills of our property where the hills were a little more steep and a little more dangerous. There were times when we would definitely catch some air and you certainly had to make sure to clear the big rocks on those hills. Often times we came back with broken sleds due to our runs down those 'scary' hills. It was a blast though and we always had so much snow in Michigan. Every winter you could count on a few snow days and that made playing outside even more fun!

As I grew up and got older I found that skiing was the ultimate winter activity! Once I moved to Utah it took me awhile to get up to the mountains for my first skiing experience but once I tried it I was hooked and picked it up pretty easily! I got my sisters to try it and they became my snow buddies. We would go to Brighton and ski at night because it was cheap, COLD, but cheap. Once in awhile we would save our money and spend a Saturday hitting all the runs. After every ski trip it was tradition to stop at 7-eleven and get a hot chocolate. I still wish I could ski but after a few knee surgeries my doctor told me I didn't have a 'ski' knee anymore. I was pretty bummed out but I might try it out again one day to see my knee could take it!

No comments: