Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I'm Scared!!

We have a problem and the culprit is...............

The big SCARY ceiling fan!

Every night for the past week and a half Julia won't go to bed without saying, screaming, or crying that she is scared of the ceiling fan. Mind you she plays in there most of the day and isn't bothered by it. She will even ask if she can sleep in our bed for awhile and then we remind her we have a fan in our room too??!! Then she asks if we can sleep with her for awhile. Its been very frustrating to say the least. And the crying and whining goes on for an hour or two. We have a night light in her room and in the bathroom. We leave the hall light on and then our room is close with a light on as well?! So we have asked her why she doesn't like the fan...she replies, "its going to come down and get me." (I think one light she woke up screaming and she said she had a bad dream about the fan getting her.) So we told her that it has strong nails in it that hold it to the ceiling and that its stuck! Made up a rhyme she can say to it....Nah Nah Nah Nah Noo, You're stuck like glue! NOTHING HAS WORKED! Layne has even gone as far as putting Buzz and Woody up on the fan to "protect" her....that didnt' even work. So the other day I pulled out a strand of Christmas tree lights to string up on her bed and it worked for one night, since the lights burnt out, but the other day she told me while in my room, lying on her back, looking at the fan..." I like fans."  I thought oh maybe she is over her phobia? The last 2 nights haven't been to bad and she even woke up this morning and said, "The fan didn't get me."  I told her she was right and that the fan wasn't going to ever get her. We will see how it goes the rest of the week....I HOPE she gets over this soon....at the end of the day we just want your kids to go to bed quietly and calmly so we can keep ourselves sane by having an hour or two to ourselves before we go to bed. FINGERS CROSSED!!

Buzz and Woody to the Rescue

A happy camper for the night

I don't know how she can be scared with all the
light coming off her bed!


No comments: