Thursday, March 17, 2011

Weekly Dinners

About a month ago I had my sisters come over and we decided to make dinner. A nice sit down meal that we all could enjoy. Now it has turned into a weekly thing, usually on Wednesday's or Thursday's depending on what our schedules are like. Its just the sisters and the kids and if the husbands show up then they get to eat to of course but we usually can't have the kids wait that long to eat.

We also want to try and accomplish something new at the weekly meals. We all try and contribute something. This week my sister is teaching me her homemade roll recipe and we are trying out a crock pot turkey breast. Hopefully the turkey will turn out like the recipe says it will.....I looked online and everybody gave it 4-5 stars.....so more on how it turns out later!

I have been using my crock pot a lot lately and want to be able to make things that people will enjoy. I have been learning to cook things that I don't normally cook either, like pot roast, pork roast and whole fryers with skin and bones.....its all new to me!

Its been fun to have everyone get together and eat! I hope we can continue to do this each week and learn a few new things along the way! I'm sure it will all be trial and error but I hope to have fun in the process!

Starting the process...I'm asking a lot of questions

Showing me how to kneed the dough...a stool helps!

Making the perfect rolls

Fresh out of the oven! Yummy!

We made 2 batches because we thought the first batch had
to much flour so we experimented and made some
cinnamon rolls...they turned out great!

The crock pot turkey! I'm not a huge turkey fan but
this was delicious. I will make it again for sure!

Everyone enjoying the great weekly meal!

1 comment:

Indiana Transplants said...

What a blessing to live close enough to eachother that you can share experiences. Your kids will have good memories and I'm sure you are enjoying meals that aren't always grilled cheese and hot dogs! It seems like those are some of the standards at our house! I love your photos and your comments. You are a great mom and wife! Have a terrific week!