Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring Break Day 1

Well, with it being spring break I wanted to be able to go and do some things with my kids to get them out of the house. Julia doesn't have school for the week and I know I need to keep her entertained some what or we will both go crazy.

So today we got up and went over to see the ducks at the pond. I knew we were getting a late start and hoped the ducks would still be out. And I really wanted to have Christian see the ducks in real life and not just on a TV screen.

So we got there and we got out our bread and oatmeal and started to throw some in the water to see the ducks would come over to us. Eventually they did come over and Christian went crazy. I heard Christian behind me making his duck call and so I had to grab him out of his stroller so he could see them up close. (Side note: Christian usually signs when he sees an animal. But for the word duck he actually makes this super funny noise with his mouth. I don't even know how he does it but he actually sounds like Donald Duck.) So I put him down and he is pointing at the ducks and signing birdy. It was so cute I wish I had the video camera. Julia was excited too and was really good at tossing the bread out to them. She even tried to sneak up on a few that were sleeping but they quickly got into the water.

Tossing her bread

Christian pointing at the ducks

Tip toe, tip toe


It was a visit to see the ducks. While we were leaving Christian was making his duck noise all the way to the car. After the ducks we went to play at the park. Its hard to go with Christian because you have to chase him down the whole time because he loves to just wander off and explore on his own. Julia is great at playing and trying to help Christian. We did venture over to another park today because Christian kept getting gravel in his shoes and Julia wanted to ride her bike.

Having fun at the park


Stopped to get a picture and this
is what I got :)

No comments: