Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Christian 5 months


Looks just like Layne!

I know I probably say this every month but, WOW, he is getting so big! I was saying the other day that when you are pregnant that the time seems to just drag on and on but when they finally get here they just grow so fast. And the bigger he gets the more pictures I tend to take because he seems to be doing more and more. 

Julia actually took this picture of her brother.
As of yesterday we officially have a roller! Christian is learning to roll over and even though he's not consistent with it yet it won't be long and then its all done hill...not that he isn't already squirmy enough, we add the rolling all over the floor! Its fun to see him try and reach the toys that are just a little out of his reach and then flip right over.

Trying his hardest to stay in the sitting position.

Christian is also really close to sitting up all by himself. He can sit but does the typical hunch over. Or if I place him in the boppy he does a little better. Whenever he is in a semi-sitting position he so badly wants to sit up and see whats going on....so he tries his best to sit up but it just looks like he is doing crunches.

Holding the bottle all by himself


Frustration sets in when he can't get it back in.
Christian is also ALMOST able to hold his own bottle. He can hold it for a few minutes but then he usually pulls it out. When he tries to put it back in he can't quite do it and then he gets mad. He doesn't have the hand coordination yet....but all in due time :)

So a few milestones have been reached with this little man within in the past month. He still loves to eat and be held. For the last few days he won't take his afternoon nap unless he is held. I would rather hold him and have him sleep for a longer period of time instead of little catnaps all day long. Besides I don't mind one bit! I know that he won't stay this little forever or that he might not always want me to rock him so I take advantage of it. I love to watch him sleep...he is so cute.  A few days ago he fell asleep with his most prized possession in his hands...................


I know its a crazy contraption and everyone stares when I where it but Christian loves it! I borrowed it from my sister and I should just get one of my own because I use it all the time. The other night we went to help clean the church and so I strapped Christian in and vacuumed the chapel. He was kicking his feet and talking his little head off. When we go to the park he is there as well kicking and talking, loving every minute of it. He just seems so excited to be in it. He rarely fusses and will even fall asleep in it.

Today at the park in his new sun hat!




 We LOVE, love, love his little guy! Can't believe he is growing so fast. He is still very smiley and just a happy baby.
Thanks Gma Cromwell for the cute Mickey shirt.
It says 100% Awesome :)
LIKES:                                                                                              
*Swinging in his swing                                                                         
*Eating                        
*Playing with Julia                                                                               
*Being outside                                                                                        
*Playing with toys                                                                              
*Smiling
*Being in his sling close to mommy
DISLIKES:
*Crying himself to sleep, he would
  rather be rocked
*Being on his tummy to long
*Loud voices or sudden loud noises

No comments: