Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I'm Thankful For.....


Inspiring and Uplifting words from our Prophet and the 12 Apostles. They enrich our lives every day if we but take advantage of their message. In troubling and difficult times it's reassuring and wonderful to hear the encouragement and hope these brethren have and the hope they give to me! Hear are some of the messages I liked:

Elder Scott:  (This is from the Oct. Conf. but I really liked what he said)  "Faith and Character are intimately related. We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day."

Elder Cook: "Our women are not incredible because they have managed to avoid the difficulties of life--quite the opposite. They are incredible because of the way they face the trials of life. Despite the challenges and tests life has to offer.....they remain remarkably strong and immovable and true to the faith. "

Elder Scott:  (I loved this talk and would just say read it over and over but here is what I liked best. He posed a lot of questions that hit home for me.)  Speaking to the men....." Do you tell your wife often how very much you love her? It will bring her great happiness. I've heard men tell me when I say that, "Oh she knows." You need to tell her. A woman grows and is greatly blessed by that reassurance. Express gratitude for what your spouse does for you. Express that love and gratitude often. That will make life far richer and more pleasant and purposeful. Don't withhold those natural expressions of love. And it works a lot better if you are holding her close while you tell her."

President Monson:  (quoting Pres. Hunter about marriage) " Being happily and successfully married is generally not so much a matter of marrying the right person as it is being the right person." I like that. "The conscious effort to do one's part fully is the greatest element contributing to success."

President Monson:   "We face many challenges in the world today, but I assure you that our Heavenly Father is mindful of us. He loves each of us and will bless us as we seek Him through prayer and strive to keep His commandments."

No comments: