Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Day 2 of Things I LOVE.........


I LOVE pizza. I could eat it every day. We make a lot of homemade pizza at our house and we can't get enough, well, I know I can't. I have had some great pizza and some not so great pizza, all through trial and error of course. I tend to stay away from frozen pizza because it's so much cheaper to make your own and you can't put whatever you want on it. My favorite toppings are pepperoni, onions, peppers, Italian sausage, pineapple, green olives and even fresh tomatoes, maybe not all together on one pizza but those are just a few things I like on pizza! I hope to one day try some authentic Chicago and/or New York styles of pizza!
 I LOVE the beach! When I think of vacation I think of the beach. Growing up in Michigan we always were at the beach, we vacationed at the beach. Each summer we would visit the local lakes and make a day of it. Pack a picnic lunch and play in the water all day! Up-north is my all time favorite place to be. We would spend the whole week at the beach. Crystal Lake and Lake Michigan.
 It was always my dream to go to Hawaii and see the beaches you see in photographs. Well, I made it to Maui and words can't describe their beauty. It really is just like the pictures you see. So blue and beautiful!

Last year was my first time going to Bear Lake and boy that brought back memories of Michigan. It was the perfect day and the water was just right. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and was sad to leave. I hope we can make more trips to Bear Lake! To this day, Julia is always talking about Bear Lake and wanting to go back!

 



I LOVE Calvin and Hobbs. I grew up reading about Calvin and his silly antics and all his adventures with his beloved friend, Hobbs, the tiger! The first 2 comics remind me of my kids. The many faces of Julia and both my kids love to dance! The colored comic made me laugh so hard. Oh, so funny. Gotta love a good, laugh out loud, comic like Calvin and Hobbs! (I made them extra big so you could read them.)

I LOVE the Michigan fight song! Every time I hear it I can't help but sing the words and think of football. I even have it as a ring tone on my phone. It makes me smile every time I see Christian pump his fist in the air and say 'go blue' when he hears it!

I LOVE tulips. Probably my favorite flower. I grew these last year in our little rental we had in Alpine. They were so huge and everybody commented on them. First time I have ever planed tulips on my own. I can't wait to plant some in my new yard. They also remind me of my grandma. I always remember her having them all over her yard. 

No comments: