Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day.......

It's been a fun day and week I guess you could say. We kicked off Valentine's Day a little early. We all got together to make Valentine sugar cookies and write out our appreciation hearts. It's always fun to get together, it's crazy at times but fun.
 Decorating......
 And eating! Yummy!

We always need a little music too........


Our finished hearts. Everybody has a heart with their name on it. We all pass it around and everyone takes a minute to write about something they admire, love or appreciate about that person. Then you can take them home and hang them so you can read them for the rest of the month or however long you want to keep them up!

Today the kids actually slept in a little bit which always makes my day! They got new Valentine's shirts and a few other fun things and of course the most coveted thing of all.....CHOCOLATE! I decorated everybody's bedroom door with paper hearts to let them know I loved them and told them why I loved them. I got a cool poem from Layne (he wrote all by himself...impressive) and some beautiful roses! For dinner we had pizza with heart shaped peperoni's(to cute!) and rice krispie treats for our Valentine's dessert.


The best part of my day was that I got to go in and do Julia's Valentine's Party for her at school. I was reminded last week that I had signed up to do the party and about freaked out because I totally forgot but it was so fun and the kids loved it! I had to come up with a couple of games, a craft, and a treat. Pressure was on but with a little help from my family and of course the help of the Internet I had some cute ideas. We did a ball toss. You had to knock down a wall of red cups for a prize. The other game was to see how many big conversation hearts you could stack before time was up for a prize. We frosted sugar cookies for the snack and the craft turned out super cute! We made pipe cleaner Valentine glasses. The kids loved them and they had a great time at their party. I was glad I was able to spend the day with Julia!

No comments: