Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 3 of Things I LOVE.......


I LOVE it when Layne has the kids in his chair, in his lap. They are usually watching something like Curious George or Bubble Guppies. It makes my heart melt. He is such a great dad!

I LOVE the Indigo Girls. Especially this album, it's my all time favorite. It's my go to CD if I'm just sick of everything else at the moment. I first heard these 2 ladies singing as a sophomore in my college apartment. My roommate would play this CD every chance she got and I thank her for it! I love their harmonies the best and I wish I could play the guitar as well as they can, maybe someday!

Staying with music for a moment here.....I LOVE Simon and Garfunkel! Probably one of my all time favorite bands. My dad had gotten my mom all of their music in a compilation set and so I had to find out for myself why they loved them so much. I grew up listening to my parents music but not a lot of S&G. They both had told me that they had gone out on their first (blind) date together to see them in concert. I first popped in a CD back in high school and followed along with the lyrics and just fell in love. I probably know all or close to all of their songs. Even the stuff people don't usually know like, 'Baby Driver', 'Keep the Customer Satisfied', 'Punky's Dilema', & 'Dangling Conversation', just to name a few. My sisters and I can sing all the words without the music and it's probably the first thing we pop in the CD player on  a road trip. I can't remember what year it was but Simon and Garfunkel had gotten back together for one last concert tour and we got tickets for my mom. So all my sisters and mom went to their concert. It was probably one of the best concerts I've been to. And we sang every single song. An older guy next to us just keep staring at us, probably because he had never seen someone so young singing every single song or maybe he was impressed or maybe shocked, I don't know but it was priceless!


I LOVE project runway! This show amazes me and I just can't believe some of things these people can make in one day! Everyone is so talented, some more than others and I love the catch phrases they all have from Heidi's "Auf Wiedersehen" and Tim's "Make it Work." You get some pretty weird and kooky characters on this show but one of my all time favorites was Christian Siriano......He was FIERCE!
I'm not gonna lie, I LOVE me time! I usually get at least 90 mins a day all to myself. It's the time when Christian is down for his nap right after Julia goes off to school. It's the only time I get to actually sit down for 10 minutes without being interrupted 50 times. And sometimes, if I'm lucky, I get 2 whole hours to do whatever it is I want. Most of the time it's just me sitting down to blog, read, or catch up on a few TV shows I've recorded. I may even get a quick 20 minute power nap in before I'm tossed back in the throng of mommy-hood!

No comments: