Sunday, May 6, 2012

New House Con't.

Well, just about every weekend we go out to check on the progress of our new house. So we took a drive on Saturday and saw the workers getting the outside ready for all the stucco and rock and then we got a peek inside to see that the whole place had been sheet rocked. We are super excited! They say things should really start moving along now. They say worst case scenario we will be in around the middle of June and I hope that is the case. I better get packing!

The front

The side/back view

Layne in our future family room

Walking up the stairs to the main level
After seeing the home we took a drive down to RC Willey to get a feel for some of the appliances we needed to pick out for the kitchen. The builder gave us a budget that would fit into the price of the home for our range, microwave and dishwasher. I was worried we would have a hard time fitting into the budget they gave us but after the discounts for all three items we are right at budget and I'm happy with the choices we made. We had to get them picked out quickly because the kids were just not cooperating as usually but I'm not to picky and neither is Layne so we tend to pick out things rather quickly. But we do ask questions because we do want the best for our buck.

One Tuesday last week, Layne and I went to pick out the flooring and counter tops for the kitchen and bathrooms. Before we started to build our own home we did a walk through of a home that would be just like ours. I really liked all the colors and tile etc they had picked out. When it comes down to having to pick out my own stuff it can be difficult. I asked the guy if he wouldn't mind just laying out the colors of the carpet and tile the other home had picked just so I could compare. The only thing we kept the same was the granite counter tops. Layne was helpful and we pretty much agreed on the tile and carpet color and it ended up being different than the other home. I am happy with our choices and can't wait to see what it will look like!

2 comments:

whitney said...

I am so excited for you guys!! I can't wait to visit this summmer and see your new place.

Indiana Transplants said...

Hey you guys! We are happy to see your excitement in building a home of your own. It really is fun to pick out what you like, though sometimes agonizing to realize most of it is permanent, at least for awhile. Thanks for sharing all your pictures as it will be quite some time before our family gets to visit Utah again. (Sad face!)Good for you to reach for your dreams! Wishing you the best of luck.